Saturday, May 17, 2008


We reached a monumental place in our relationship a few days ago: David allowed me to cut his hair! He has always gone to this barber named Mike, who does a great job and is (apparently) super cool and hip and friendly and nice and charges way too much.

I didn't realize how much he was overcharging until I tried to do what he does and was fairly successful on my first try. What do you think? Did I do all right? Despite what it looks like, it's not all the same length. There was blending and combs and scissors involved. Seriously.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Blending, even? Ooooooh. :)

Anonymous said...

lol, you did awesome! I am Preston's hair-cutter most of the time (but I make him get a real haircut every 3 or so times because I still think i seem to butcher it) and most of the time its pretty good, and quite the money saver. However, one piece of wisdom I will pass on after many months of home haircuts is to always rememeber when you have the guard thingy off the buzzer. I say this because on several occasions I have been buzzing away and I begin the blending part, after having removed the guard. I then do one of the following: slip and make him bald, or, see a part I missed on the lower part of his head, forget the gaurd is off and start shaving his head. Not good. Its the kind of thing that is funny, and yet not so funny. Usually it sounds like this: Abbey : Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzz OH S**T! Bzzzzzzzzzearf crap! I just destroyed you!!! Preston: What! What! What!
Luckily he usually thinks its funny and still asks me to do his hair again. Last time I did that, I think it was Thanksgiving and I asked him if he'd like me to finish it by writing THANKS. He didn't take me up on that offer for some reason.
So you, my dear, did an amazing job. You should be proud of yourself, because all that blending and cutting takes some skill. I know.
Love you.

Post a Comment