Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I spent yesterday morning looking on craigslist and eBay for a piano. I've wanted one for so long, and I've looked on craigslist every single day for the past few weeks. Yesterday, I found a few on eBay that are in the area, so I decided to bid on them. I texted David and asked for his eBay log-on information, and told him what I was doing. He told me the info and wished me good luck. I made a few bids and promptly forgot about them.



Last night I was at a meeting. When I got home, David's little brother and parents were there, as well as one of Dave's old high school friends, and they all had out their cameras and there were balloons and a beautiful blue bow tied to a piano, sitting in our living room. WHAT?!?



So it turns out that Dave's parents and my parents had gotten together and bought me this piano. They were waiting to give it to me until my parents came out in a few weeks, but when I started looking online, Dave freaked out and told them they couldn't wait that long because I was about to buy one. So they surprised me! And on the piano were two sweet notes from both sets of parents. Here's the one from my parents. I don't have a picture of the other. It was just wonderful.



I LOVE IT! I'm so excited . . . couldn't be happier! Props to David, who is SO good at surprising me. And HUGE thanks, M&D and Jim and Beth!!! It's already been a happy birthday, and it hasn't even happened yet.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Ha ha! Your face in that first picture is hilarious!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY baby sister!
I love you.

P.S. Wanna play a duet?

Carolyn said...

I got my piano on Craigslist 2 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. It is such an easy way for me to worship. I hope that it brings you as much enjoyment as mine does for me!

Post a Comment